Sunday, November 5, 2017

Let's Enjoy A Musical Theme! +Character Songs

Hello! Welcome back to another post! This is actually most likely going to be a discussion post. If you read the title then you actually know that it is going to be about character songs! Now almost a year ago I made a post about otome songs. Basically it was just about me recommending a person to find an English translation to character songs. It was also about how I actually got first into them also! Though I feel like I need to actually talk about them in a better way and more in depth. Also this post will most likely be a two part-er. I'm not going to make two posts about character songs, but this one will be about character songs while the other one will be about otome opening and ending songs. Though if I really want to I can make it a three part-er. Since I could also end up making a post about otome BGM (back ground music). Though we'll have to see about that one unless you guys want a post about it.

Let's get on with the discussion! Since I already talked about how I got into character songs I feel like it's best to just link that old post down below, so if you'd wish to see that one first then be my guest. I think I do want to start off by actually talking about what character songs mostly represent. Character songs are mostly about the character who is singing it. So it will mostly reflect their feelings and their life. So like a lot of drama CD's also come with songs sung by one of the characters or the character of the drama CD you got. That song that they sing reflects themselves and their drama CD. Or if you like a certain otome game character and you find out that they have a song that they sing. Then basically it will be about them and/or their feelings (in their route more or else, and/or also in that moment depending on if they sing the song in the game or not), or it could also be about their past and/or route. Though it could also be a mixture of it all.

Now, since I feel like I didn't a decent job about talking about it let's continue. I actually feel like character songs are a good way to connect to characters outside of their routes. Not only that but you can listen to songs anywhere, while when it comes to playing a route it could prove a little bit harder. Not only that but I think character songs or songs sung by the characters are really enjoyable to listen to. Not only that but if you are a huge musical person then of course you would just naturally enjoy these. (Or at least I hope.) I really enjoy character songs since I’m a huge musical person and I also feel like it’s also something that connects me more to the characters and game. Also something that can be done to further love the characters more as well. I feel like it is also something that fans can talk about with each other. It could also be something that could make other people into other games and characters.

Not only that but if you have a music deep friend and want to introduce them to a fandom or a certain character, then this could be the best way to go if they have character songs or at least one. I think this is all I’ll say about this topic. If I end up having more later or would like to revisit a year later then that is what will happen! Though if you’d like to say something about this or add to it then comment down below! Or else talk to you guys later!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Year’s Post About This Topic: http://otometalk.blogspot.com/2016/11/lets-have-chat-otome-songs.html

No comments:

Post a Comment